Thank you for taking an interest in chartering your club with the Virginia Young Democrats! Your charter application will be considered at the Virginia Young Democrats Annual Convention, April 5-7, 2019 in Norfolk, VA. The final deadline to submit a charter application to be considered for the 2019 Convention is Friday, April 5 at 3:00 p.m.
Chartering with the Virginia Young Democrats offers your clubs an immense amount of resources throughout the year! The process is very simple and can be a great way to help your local club. As a chartered organization, you and your members will have access to discounted rates at special DPVA events, the chance to interact with political leaders year round, manuals to help your club with outreach, connections with other organizations locally and statewide, access to grants and other funding from VAYD and much more! Follow the steps below to charter your club! It only takes a few minutes.
All you need to do is fill out the form below and then attach the required documents including:
- The document that governs your organizational operations. Many of organizations already need to have this to become a recognized organization at school. A sample is included in the chartering packet below.
- Officer Roster
- We do not require any specific positions; simply list what the leadership is for your organization. Please provide the contact information (preferably phone & e-mail) and term expiration dates for each officer. You may include your list of officers in your Membership Roster, or you can submit a separate spreadsheet in one of the Extra Credit fields.
- Membership Roster
- To be considered a “member” each person listed must list their first and last name, phone number, email, birth date. Clubs must have at least 10 members in order to be fully chartered. A mailing address is not required but is highly encouraged. A template membership roster is included above. Rosters should only be submitted in .xls, .xlsx, or Google Sheet, format.
- Outreach Plan
- This details how your organization plans to be accessible to all interested parties, and the community. A recommended template is included in the chartering packet above.
- Extra Credit Letters
- Any club is eligible to receive extra votes at Convention if they submit letters confirming that they participated in campaign events or service activities in the past year. Campaign/Charitable Activity letters can be signed by: campaign/charity official, voting member of the VAYD's executive committee who was also in attendance, or the chair of the region in which the event was held.
Once you submit your charter you will receive a follow-up e-mail from the Credentials Chair letting you know we received your Charter Application. Your charter will be considered at the VAYD Convention from April 5-7, 2019, in Norfolk, VA.