Virginia Young Democrats is currently seeking Get Out the Vote Campaign interns for Vangie Williams (VA-01), Jennifer Lewis (VA-06), and Anthony Flaccavento (VA-09). GOTV interns will report directly to local Democratic coordinated campaign organizers and work 4-6 hours each day, for the final four days of the general election campaign (November 3-6, 2018). These positions are intended for individuals with a strong desire to positively impact the future of Virginia through concentrated, goal-driven voter contact and outreach activities. Interns must be able to maintain a friendly and personable attitude towards volunteers, be proficient multi-taskers, demonstrate leadership qualities, and be willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and people-oriented work environment.
The specific duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Organizers in the recruitment and retention of a volunteer workforce, both over the phone and in-person;
- Participating in daily voter contact activities, such as phone banking and door-to-door canvassing;
- Collecting, organizing and data-entering all materials related to voter contact activities; and
- Work a minimum of 20 hours and maximum of 24 hours total, November 3-6.
We are looking for interns with basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Prior campaign experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Interns will be paid $12/hr (20-24 hours of total work on November 3, 4, 5 and 6).
- Interns will report to the local coordinated campaign organizer in their area.
- Resume should be provided in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- For any other questions, email email@example.com.